Evaluated Thoughts

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Tower of eBabel

I have realized as I have researched ebooks the last couple of days, that I really don't know that much about ebooks! I mean, I own a Kindle, but like I said earlier, all I do to get books on that is click a button.

So, to find out more about the different types of ebooks, I went to the ultimate source: wikipedia. What would I do without it? It was helpful to me to read about the different formats, especially in considering which format I feel would be best for our class project in creating an ebook.

Here is a page that was helpful to me. And after learning more about creating an ebook, I think that for our class, the html route would be best, considering that we are really trying to reach a lot of people. Html format allows people to access it from any web browser which is nice, considering not everyone has a kindle, or a nook, or an ipad, etc.

But then I found this helpful site about ebook conversions to different formats, much like how there are programs that convert different music formats. So, even if we go with another route, there is a way for someone to convert our ebook into another format.

The other thing I found in my internet research is the element of all the different ebook publishers. This site is an example. So that's another thing that I hope we will discuss today in class: which route we will take in creating our own ebook.

I still am a little bit hazy about all this ebook business, so I look forward to learning more today and seeing what my class mates found.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Just finished

Annie's bookshelf: read

The Bluest EyeSulaThe GiverThe Devil Wears PradaEnder's GameFahrenheit 451

More of Annie's books »
Annie's  book recommendations, reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Powered by Blogger.

What I'm Reading

Annie's bookshelf: currently-reading

The GiverThe Devil Wears PradaEnder's GameFahrenheit 451Gone With the WindSense and Sensibility

More of Annie's books »
Annie's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

© 2011 Annie Learns., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena