Evaluated Thoughts

Friday, May 13, 2011

Playing around with GoodReads

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the classic Toni Morrison style, Song of Solomon manages to questions conventions of family and society, and you love the book and hate it at the same time. I love the character of Milkman--he is definitely a relatable protagonist. I loved the Afromystical elements of the novel: it really gives you a deeper view into African American culture and gave me a completely different view into African American literature. My favorite Morrison so far.



1 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've started posting about your book, and that you've figured out how to get your Goodreads reviews piped into your blog. I'm left a bit hanging, however. It's as though you are assuming everyone has read the book before.

    ReplyDelete

Just finished

Annie's bookshelf: read

The Bluest EyeSulaThe GiverThe Devil Wears PradaEnder's GameFahrenheit 451

More of Annie's books »
Annie's  book recommendations, reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Powered by Blogger.

What I'm Reading

Annie's bookshelf: currently-reading

The GiverThe Devil Wears PradaEnder's GameFahrenheit 451Gone With the WindSense and Sensibility

More of Annie's books »
Annie's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

© 2011 Annie Learns., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena